Collection Of 100+ Shopping Cart Icons
Shopping Cart, Shopping Bag or Basket? How should one name this page/section of the ecommerce store?
The following study made on 109 shopping cart CTAs (for image collection see the bottom of this post) from top online retailers revealed the following:
1. The design icon is either a CART or BAG:
- 64/109 online retailers display the cart symbol – 59%
- 23 display no symbol at all – 21%
- 21 display the bag symbol – 19
- 1 displayed an arrow icon -1%
2. There are more than 20 different names given to this section (basket, cart, items, my bag, my brown bag, my cart, my shopping bag, mycart, saks bag, shopping bag ,shopping basket, shopping cart, total, view bag, view basket, view cart, view my bag, view shopping bag, your bag, your cart, your shopping cart, your shopping carts) however:
- 70/109 used the word CART to describe the section- 64%
- 27 used BAG to describe it
- 6 used BASKET
- 6 used a different designation or none at all
Notice: the names used to describe the shopping cart seems to be correlated with the the brick and mortar stores. For example, apparel and fashion websites are more likely to use the word BAG instead of CART. This follows the real life, where you’ll carry a BAG and not a CART inside an AE store. Further research is needed (see you competitors and your store rules and decide which one is the best for you) when you decide on how to name this section on your site.
3. Icon and Text Usage:
- 84/109 displayed icon and text
- 23 display just a descriptive text without any other graphic symbols
- 1 (art.com) used just the icon without text
- 1 (proflowers.com) doesn’t have a shopping cart section at all
Pitstop Media offers ROI based internet marketing services such as landing page testing services and conversion rate optimization services. Our A/B and multivariate tests have helped companies increase conversion rates by as much as 75%. Let us increase your conversion rates, too!